PESKY PAWS

Sewing, crafting, cooking and being.

Tuesday 9 February 2010

The Lady Singer


To begin with, I should introduce the lady of the house, Ms. Singer Sewing Machine model No. 99. According to her instruction manual, she was born in 1933.

I suppose I have just shown how unlady-like I am by revealing her age. Oh heck, you might as well know who you are dealing with right from the start.

I found her in an antique shop many years ago, and she has been sitting patiently in a corner of our living room ever since. A few months ago I finally decided to be brave and learned how to thread her, and now we play almost every day. I was so scared of her. I was afraid because I did not understand sewing machines.  But they don't answer back, or tell you that your sewing is rubbish, so you are quite safe with them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment